The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Please submit your suggestion here
We're always trying to improve our services to make things as easy as possible for you our users.
Suggest New Book
We value your book suggestions. They help us develop our collection and fill in gaps that may arise in certain subject areas.
To suggest a book:
- Please log on to the ServiceDesk
- Create a ticket in your name
- Use the Request Type menus as displayed below: 02. Library Services - Collection Development - Suggest New Material
- Use the Request Details box underneath to provide bibliographic details of the book - title, author and ISBN
- Finally scroll down the page and click on the "Save and Email" button
- The ticket will be updated and you will be notified as your suggestion is processed.
Your feedback, both good and bad, is important to help us provide the best service we can.
In the case of general feedback, please log on to ServiceDesk and choose:
02. Library Services - Other and enter your comments.