The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Theses in other Libraries
Other Universities' Theses
You can also locate details of theses submitted in other Universities:
- EThOS Electronic Theses Online Service offers free access to the full text of selected UK theses.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses - This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1861 to the present.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations - a global digital library of theses and dissertations.
- Rian - open access Irish research publications.
- Details of theses in the collections of other Irish universities can be found by searching for the relevant library's name in our Library Catalogue. e.g University College Dublin Library.
The Inter-Library Loans Service provides postgraduate research students, researchers and academic staff with access to information resources not held by our Library. More information about the Inter-Library Loans service can be found here.