The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
About the Library’s digital scholarship enablement strategy
The Library’s Digital Scholarship Enablement Strategy will:
- enable students and staff to obtain assistance on emerging methodologies, analyse data and share results in new ways
- create partnerships campus-wide and enhance the teaching, learning, and research process in every academic discipline
- empower the next generation of scientists and scholars to be properly equipped to create new knowledge in a digital environment – and to seek new solutions for a better future
- familiarise students with the tools they need to make an impact in today’s world
- empower the Library to preserve new forms of scholarly information in perpetuity