The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of our collections through the Library Catalogue, or learn more about different types of information resources below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Find out about what Library services you can avail of, take our 360 Library tour and navigate your way around the Library. Each section includes a description of services available and allows you to become familiar with the Library before you visit us.
- We Can Help
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
- Open Scholarship
The Library supports the practice of research, education and knowledge exchange to enable open collaboration and learning.
Closed Access Basement
Requesting an Item from Closed Access Basement
Due to a limited amount on space on the main floors of the library some items are held in the basement. This area is called Closed Access Basement and is restricted to access by library staff only.
If the item you want to borrow shows a location of Closed Access Basement then you can request it be brought from the basement so that you can borrow it.
How do I know the item is in the basement?
An item located in the closed access basement will appear like this in the search results.
It is showing as Available at Closed Access Basement which means you can request it.
How do I borrow an item that is in the Closed Access Basement area?
You request it be brought from the basement as follows -
- Logon to your library account
- Search for the item
- Click Request in the results window
- Click the red Hold button on screen
Note: Do not change the Last interest date: unless you are sure you do not want the item after a certain date.
- If the request is successful you will get an Action Succeeded message
When will it be brought from the basement?
Items are retrieved from the basement as follows -
- Twice per day Monday to Friday. Once at 9:00 am and again at 2:00 pm
- You will be notified by Email and Text Message when your item is available
- After you are notified your item is available for collection you can borrow it using the self-issue machine in the hold pickup room
- Your item will remain in that room for the period of time indicated on the email you receive to confirm your item ia on hold after which it will be returned to the basement if you have not borrowed it onto your account
- If we are unable to locate your item you will receive an email within 48 hours Monday to Friday
I received an email and text message to say the item I requested is ready for me. Where do I collect it?
After you are notified your item is available for collection you can borrow it using the self-issue machine in the hold pickup room.
I requested an item be brought from the basement but I have not received an email or text message to say it's ready for me. What should I do?
If you don't hear from us within 48 hours then there's a good chance we didn't get your request so please call to the Library & IT Service desk to enquire or email email@example.com with details fo your request.