The Library is spread over three floors. For anyone with mobility problems, there is a lift that serves all floors. As you enter the Library, you will be asked to show your University ID to the Library Steward on duty. If you are a visitor, staff will direct you to the Customer Services Desk to enquire about access.
Who can help?
- Staff at the Customer Services Desk will be pleased to help with any queries.
- Staff in the Information Office to the left of the entrance can help with specialised enquiries. They cover several subject areas: arts, social sciences, Celtic studies, science and engineering.
- There is also an Information Office to the rear of the ground floor, located within the Law Collection. Here you will find the information staff for law and business.
- Information staff are also based in the Nursing and Midwifery Library extension to the James Hardiman Library.
- Research Support staff are located on the first floor.
- There are self-check machines on all floors of the Library for the loan and return of books.
- You will find photocopiers on all floors.
- Study spaces, with WiFi access throughout.
- Group study rooms.
- Special Collections and Archives are located on the ground floor.
- Law materials are shelved on the ground floor
- The first floor houses books and journals on arts, business and social sciences.
- The second floor houses books and journals on science, engineering, health sciences and computing
- Please see our Guide to Finding Books and Journals for help with finding the books or journals you need.