The username and password for your Library account is the same as the username and password for your campus account, i.e. what you use to log on to the University network and for your email.
Your Library account allows you to:
- Place a hold on a book that is on loan to someone else
- Check how many books you have on loan and when they are due back
- Renew your books online in order to avoid fines
- Cancel a Group Study Room Booking.
- Request items that are held in storage:
Search for a book on the library catalogue. Click on Print Locations which will tell you where the book is located. If the book location is indicated as Closed Access, click on Hold. The item will be retrieved from storage by library staff and kept for you at the Customer Services Desk.
- Search for journal articles Search for your topic in the Library catalogue - choose Including Articles from the drop down menu beside the search box, so that the search will find articles as well as books. Remember your results will be very limited if you have not signed in to your Library account.
- Search Library databases and access e-journals from off-campus:
Sign in to your account first of all at the Library homepage and make sure to access the databases or journals by searching the library catalogue. This tells the database or e-journal providers that you are an authorised NUI Galway user, even though you are off-campus.
- Request an Inter-Library Loan.
Remember you must be signed into your account for any of the services above to work!