The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Photocopying & Printing
Photocopying and Printing
Information on photocopying and printing on paper is available below while details on our 3D printing service is available here.
Photocopying and Printing
Multi-Function Printers are available on each floor of the Library:
- Podium Floor/Ground Floor:
- 2 Black and White printers and 1 Colour printer located in the print room near the rear stairs.
- 3 Black and White printers and 1 Colour printer located in the print room near the Library & IT Service Desk.
- Floor 1 - 2 Black and White printers and 1 Colour printer are located in the print room near the rear stairs
- Floor 2 - 3 Black and White printers are located in the print room near the rear stairs
- Nursing library - 1 Black and White printer on the Ground Floor
- Medical library (located in UCHG) - 1 Colour printer on the Ground Floor
You will need to put credit on your Print Credit Account to use the multi-function printers. For instructions on how to use the service, you can download this Printer-Photocopier Instructions guide. It explains how to use the printing, photocopying and scanning service on each machine.
To credit your print account in order to use the service:
- You can use cash to top up at one of the two kiosks on the ground floor of the library (one in the photocopying room, and one in the area just beside the Library & IT Desk)
- You can also purchase credit online using debit or credit cards
For more information, check the ISS Multi-Function Printer page.
If you are an External User
- You only have access to the photocopying option on these printers
- You need to purchase a Print Card from the Library & IT Service Desk in the library foyer
- Each card costs €5 which includes €1 for photocopying/printing
- The card can be topped up using the cash kiosk located beside the printers
How to print from your personal laptop over wifi
In order to print from your personal laptop to the campus printers over wifi you first need to install the wifi printing package available here.