The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
ALCID Research Extra
ALCID Research Extra
ALCID Research is a co-operative access scheme between Irish higher education libraries. It gives access, but not borrowing rights, to academic staff and postgraduate students.
- Fill out an Alcid Application Form
- Bring your completed form to the Library & IT Service Desk on the ground floor of the Library.
- Please note that ALCID Research cards must be renewed each September.
When visiting other libraries:
- Make sure that you have your NUI Galway ID card.
- Check web pages of the institution you intend to visit for opening hours and other information before your visit.
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Mater Dei
- National College of Art and Design
- National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin
- Royal Irish Academy
- St Angela’s College, Sligo
- St Patrick's College, Drumcondra
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick